Salted & Fried
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
  SCHOOL... REALITY...
I met my course tutors and lecturers and course mates for the first time today! And I like realised how blardi PACKED MY TIMETABLE IS... IT'S CRAZY.. .I HAVE LESSONS EVERYDAY MONDAY - FRIDAY 9 - 4/5pm!!!!!! And this is excluding like outside stuff they are encouraging us to take like presentation skills, writing skills, language etc... CV writing and more! WAHLAU... looks like there's gonna be NO TIME for anything else boi... YES, might not even have time for... MAHJONG...M.A.H.J.O.N.G.!
ARGHHHHH!!!!

But today was fun! I met JAMES! YES! JAMES GUEST! It was GREAT to see a familiar face haha... very fun indeed... haha. I think he left for Singapore today... so if you guys see him there in the lab, tell him don't forget send me list of possible projects he thinks needs/can be done in Philippines. I think I might want to just go and do it there. It's a change from Singapore and it'll be fun! Alternatively, if TL can think of some project branch off from hers, then can go to Wilmington. She's emailed me like links of where to get funding for if I wanna do research in the US... HAHA! Boi that will be so fun man! See how... they'll be assigning me a project supervisor based on the KEYWORDS we come up with for what we want in our project. SO FUN.

The course is structured SO WELL! I cannot believe how well it is planned man! I can't describe it to you but you feel like they're REALLY here to TEACH you and like give you like MILLION AND ONE OPPORTUNITIES and help you open doors! SO UNLIKE IN SINGAPORE!!!! Well, maybe not ALL institutions/places of learning in Singapore... And they're really bringing in many many pple to come teach and talk to us etc... it's so cool!

I'm so excited to get started with the course but also a bit scared because it seems like there's so much to study! There are only 16 pple in my course! It's such a small class and I am the only ASIAN there... and there are only THREE non-british students (1 other ITALIAN, and another African).

There was free LUNCH today too... so yummy... I was stuffing my face with sandwiches and chips and apples and orange juice so I won't have to eat anything else haha...

But it has been a tiring day... I started at 9am and only ended at 4pm. Got back home and went online then crashed for 15min before my cooking mates arrived. We had fried rice and Lia cooked chicken marinated in honey and soy sauce (YUMMY STUFF) and BANANA MILKSHAKE! MMMMM.... then we sat around learning bits of french and german with one of my flatmates (who insisted we eat apples to keep healthy). Everyone's really nice here and I think am lucky to have really nice flatmates... =)

And my coursemates are really nice too they keep asking me the same questions again and again though so I feel like getting an FAQ sheet out and pasting it on myself. I pasted SINGAPORE big big on my shirt cos pple kept asking me where I am from hahaha...

OH and the university welcome held yesterday was actually done by an NZ entertainer who juggled and escaped from a strayjacket and role-played and spoke in diff accents while telling us about the rules and regulations and services of the uni... HAHAHAHA... MAN... it was SO COOL. First time I've seen this and it's MAN EFFECTIVE. Because everyone was actually paying attention to him and not snoring and sleeping! Like BEST USE of multi media to bring across points that would otherwise prolly be delivered in a super boring way if it were in NUS.

So far so good. I like the NCL uni. =)
 
Comments:
Sounds like fun! nothing much exciting happening here in singapore. I decluttered my desk today and I'm going out for dinner with Wai now.
 
sandwiches?? wow i will be happy down there man whaha gimme bread anytime! Really great that you are enjoying yourself over there, esp with bunch of wacky uni ppl. Can you imagine our Profs acting as plants or animals while teaching botany/zoology modules?? =oD that's da Creative way to learn man!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Chunky toppings of Me.

ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 /

PREVIOUS POSTS
  • MAHJONG & FREE FOOD!
  • Something wrong with my RAM slot
  • Wild bunnies!
  • Here in Newcastle...
  • Where did all the time go!!??!
  • Leaving for UK
  • NO-"AH-dea': Ignorance is NOT bliss
  • Abby "wants fat"...
  • Keeping track of...
  • East Africa!



  • Visit sister site at
    THE BLUE TEMPEH:

    More marine conservation,
    and less rubbish.


    Powered by Blogger