Salted & Fried
Sunday, September 24, 2006
  Something wrong with my RAM slot
There's something wrong with my RAM slot on my MAC!!!!!!!! It's only reading the RAM from only 1 slot instead of the 2 that's available for the Mac Powerbook G4! ARGH!!! I was running on 256MB RAM ONLY instead of the 1.25GB RAM I am suppose to have!

Spent half and hour talking to the Apple Support pple on the phone to figure out whether I can do anything to fix it myself... And the conclusion was I have to take it down the an Apple Service Centre! IN NEWCASTLE?!?!?! Was doing and internet search and found 1 way way out of town! Do you think they will accept Macs not purchased in the UK? I am still on Apple Care but if I were to wait until I come back to Singapore, my Apple Care will expire... sigh... Any advice anyone?

Even bought a screwdriver set to fiddle around with the RAM slots. I switched slots for my 256MB RAM and 1GBRAM and now my Powerbook says it's running on 1GB RAM only. Not that I can't live without the other 256MB RAM, but if the other slot happens to GO, then I can't use my Pbook at all! So better to get it fixed early right?
 
Comments:
Is there like a MAC fan-club or something in your campus? Maybe you can get their advice?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Chunky toppings of Me.

ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 /

PREVIOUS POSTS
  • Wild bunnies!
  • Here in Newcastle...
  • Where did all the time go!!??!
  • Leaving for UK
  • NO-"AH-dea': Ignorance is NOT bliss
  • Abby "wants fat"...
  • Keeping track of...
  • East Africa!
  • More things left to do...
  • Accepted.



  • Visit sister site at
    THE BLUE TEMPEH:

    More marine conservation,
    and less rubbish.


    Powered by Blogger