Salted & Fried
Sunday, October 01, 2006
  SHOPPIINNNGGG!!! & Giant mushrooms
First shopping trip to Royal Quays, at the outskirt of Newcastle... COOLS... look what I bought! I know I know so sinful... But I have not spent much on food nowadays (especially with the free food we've been getting hur hur hur):

1) BOOTS


2) DRESS


3) SHOES


4) NICE FLUFFY SLEEPING SOCKS (reminds me of Dr. Seuss!)


Also MUSHROOMS HERE ARE SO CHEAP!

I got 1 crate of GIANT WHITE MUSHROOMS FOR 1 POUND! They taste exactly like white button mushrooms only they're a tad larger than normal... ah who am I kidding... they're HUGE!!





And here's a photo of my flatmate and another innovative use of giant mushrooms besides EATING them (they taste great the normal BBQ way... I put them in the oven instead and they're WONDERFUL!!! mmmMMmmmm). I still have like a whole bag of them still... the crate was about 40cm by 30cm? Cheapest thing I can think of here are mushrooms for now... I mean compared to Singapore! WOW! Amazing!



WOW... MUSHROOMS... Haha... CHEAP CHEAP!! MMMMMM They're cheaper than... CARROTS... and cheaper than GARLIC... and cheaper than TOUFU~! (2 squares of toufu costs 70pence).
 
Comments:
*gasp*

NEW BAJU!!!!!

And so gu niang one somemore!!!!

Woman, Newcastle has changed you... :D
 
Actually... I've been puzzling over this for the longest time. Are those boots fieldwork boots? Or are those boots made for walking?
 
...
Those are huge ..., mushrooms i mean..
I actually finished reading before the photos loaded. Gosh. Talk about proportions. You sure they not mutant?
=P
 
Please take a photo when u r in that dress!! so un-jani like coz it's not brightly coloured!! heheheh i think you'll look great in em la. Not so sure about those boots though, maybe with jeans *gasp* jani in jeans!! another rare sighting, let's not mention da dainty gu niang pair =ob
Go for the dive industry & impact topic la, the info will come in useful by broadening your ideas for your MSc project
 
ooh...got an idea for the mushrooms- paul's and my fave with big mushrooms... remove the stems, stuff the caps with cheese (mix with chopped up stems if you want a firmer texture), if you are using dry cheese, drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil before stuffing. grill until cheese melts and browns! It's really GOOOD :P~~
 
Ooo... TL... that sure sounds so good. Now I'm hungry.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Chunky toppings of Me.

ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 /

PREVIOUS POSTS
  • SCHOOL... REALITY...
  • MAHJONG & FREE FOOD!
  • Something wrong with my RAM slot
  • Wild bunnies!
  • Here in Newcastle...
  • Where did all the time go!!??!
  • Leaving for UK
  • NO-"AH-dea': Ignorance is NOT bliss
  • Abby "wants fat"...
  • Keeping track of...



  • Visit sister site at
    THE BLUE TEMPEH:

    More marine conservation,
    and less rubbish.


    Powered by Blogger