Salted & Fried
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
  STRESSSSSSSSSSSSS
GAWD.... FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL AND OUT POPS AN ASSIGNMENT... to write a 5000word literature review on any topic we want to related to TROPICAL COASTAL MANAGEMENT. It sounds cool but it's so STRESSFUL - especially for someone so indecisive about things. I can't decide WHAT TO DO!!! THERE'S SO MANY THINGS!!! Should I play it safe and go back to similar topics I've worked on previously? Or should I go and venture out and do something totally different and explore! MAN... It's so ARGH... I DUNNO WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO LOOK FOR!! Everyone else in my class seems to have like a set goal and focus... and a nice cool cheam sounding project... Haiz... I lack confidence to venture out of my comfort area but I feel like if I don't do it now, I think I might be stuck with it for some time... haiz... well, I could get this MSc done with and then move on to something else for my PhD... but what are the chances right? ARGHHHHH DECISIONS DECISIONS...

The worst part is... I spewed out 3 ideas for projects yesterday and I told my lecturer I didn't know which one to pick. They were:

1) Factors involved in measuring natural coral reef recovery
2) Comparing various reef restoration techniques (cost-effectiveness, suitability etc)
3) Impact of the dive industry on coral reefs

My lecturer point blank said "it's not a coincidence that the first 2 project topics is related to your boss is it?". HAIZ. He suggested I do the third one. I guess it is interesting enough... COMMENTS COMMENTS???

Then this guy came up to me after class today and asked which of the 3 I was going to do, because if I'm not doing the diver impact one, he wants to take it up! I was like... errr errr errr... I haven't decided yet... and told him I'd give hiim something maybe by tomorrow... ARGH... STRESS. But there's so many things to do! Like I can't decide whether to do projects on:

- factors involved in coral settlement and recruitment
- sedimentation and loss of corals
- impact of dive resorts on marine conservation
- conservation of urban reefs (e.g. like singapore's reefs... hongkong's reefs, some of australia's reefs etc)

Haiz, so many things HOW... input input anyone? Suggestions? Should I do on something I already know about and familiar with and already for sure know I am interested in or should I try do something new and novel and I am interested on from what little I know?

Sounds like a dream assignment but I have to figure out a FOCUS. Something which I have never really been good at.

Help.
 
Comments:
so how Jani? Which did you choose? Things have been pretty quiet in the Jani camp.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Chunky toppings of Me.

ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 /

PREVIOUS POSTS
  • SHOPPIINNNGGG!!! & Giant mushrooms
  • SCHOOL... REALITY...
  • MAHJONG & FREE FOOD!
  • Something wrong with my RAM slot
  • Wild bunnies!
  • Here in Newcastle...
  • Where did all the time go!!??!
  • Leaving for UK
  • NO-"AH-dea': Ignorance is NOT bliss
  • Abby "wants fat"...



  • Visit sister site at
    THE BLUE TEMPEH:

    More marine conservation,
    and less rubbish.


    Powered by Blogger